Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I have worth?

My first meeting with Becoming Whole was a semi-nervous experience. Would I know anyone? Would I fit it? Or feel welcomed? Upon arriving to the location where the meeting was to take place I confidently walked into the building to find lights turned off everywhere. Sanctuary? Empty, lights off. Fellowship Hall? Empty, lights off. Am I in the right place? As I walked back outside I saw a familiar face directing me in the right direction, upstairs and to the right. I walked slowly into the room to find more familiar faces mixed with the anxious faces of men I've never seen.

Worship was great! It isn't often that you hear men sing from their hearts....even at church most men put on a mask of macho masculinity. After worship came 15 minutes of 'soaking prayer'. Men spread throughout the room, getting comfortable, and asking the Lord to speak to them where they lived and struggled. This is what the Lord said to me:
Don't beat yourself up over the past! Let go, give in......

A song played in the background and I listened to the words. My mind wandered momentarily and I thought, "Why do I struggle with pride when I feel like I am not even worth that much? I am a treasured possession of the Lord? He thinks about me all of the time? I am the Lord's obsession? What can I do to make God my obsession?
I called you! You didn't choose me! You get no credit for your salvation! That alone speaks of your worth and value to me. Accept it and it will change your view, then your attitude, then your behavior. Accepting it doesn't give you any more value to me. Your worth and value to me are the same, no matter what you do.

I accept it! I have value to God. I am able to change once I see and accept the TRUTH about my value to the Lord.




No comments: